So, we know doulas are good for birth, but let's talk postpartum doulas.
Ease your transition to life with a newborn.
Postpartum doulas are another you that takes care of all of the necessities of life so you can relax, recover and enjoy your new baby!
Tulsa Family Doulas are available for small segments of time during the day to full overnight shifts. We even offer full live-in care.
Our professional support includes the following:
- Daily compassionate care
- Provide valuable stability during overnights to support mom with feedings, bring snacks and drinks during feedings, change diapers, put baby back to sleep, and make sure the whole family gets much needed rest. Our postpartum doulas can completely handle overnight newborn care if desired.
- Short-term and long-term live-in care available
- Prioritize mom's emotional and physical recovery from birth
- Help facilitate parent–infant bonding during the vulnerable newborn fog
- Explain, encourage and provide hands-on techniques for effective infant soothing
- Private classes available for parents wanting more help with infant soothing
- Unbiased support with feedings at the breast or bottle
- Assist with all basic newborn care
- Help ease sibling transition with new baby
- Emotional support and stability as the whole family adjusts to their new normal
- Baby laundry and light errands
- Meal planning, preparation and light housekeeping,
- Help establish new routine for moms that are going back to work after maternity leave
- Magical miracle worker that helps you feel human again (well, almost magical!)
we prioritize your family
Tulsa Family Doulas provide families the same unconditional professional support that is found before and during birth when your bring your baby home. Many new parents don't realize the statistics of recovery from childbirth. Our society tends to place unrealistic expectations on new moms while trying to navigate caring for a new little person and recovering from childbirth. Did you know that it takes a full 30 days to rest and physically recover from a vaginal birth, and cesarean deliveries require at least 40 full days of rest? We help you achieve your best recovery possible!
4 hours of complimentary postpartum support
We believe postpartum care is so important that we include 4 hours of complimentary postpartum doula services every time one of our birth doulas are hired. We are the only place in Tulsa that places such importance on your postpartum care even after the work of the birth doula is finished.
We help you navigate your options and establish what works for your family. Our postpartum doulas come ready to boost your confidence and meet your needs. We also recognize when things aren't going as planned and encourage connection with your doctor or pediatrician and provide many local resources for additional support.
SUPPORT FOR ADOPTIVE PARENTS AND FAMILIES USING SURROGATES
But sometimes you aren't always the one recovering from delivery. We offer the same amazing support to families utilizing surrogacy and adoption to grow their family. The doulas that work with Tulsa Family Doulas are experienced in the unique dynamics of postpartum support for adoptive/surrogate families and navigating those first precious weeks with your new baby.
Our sole purpose is to build your confidence in the tasks of parenthood and help enrich the bond with you and your new baby or babies.